View post (Upcoming Music-school gig)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
04/30/2014 3:56 pm
Yeah, it seems like whoever's in charge of the gig has trouble sticking to one plan :) Every week, it's changed, for better or worse. Let's hope it's not going to change again.

As for the drummer and bassist, keep in mind that we aren't officially a band yet. We've talked for a while, and I find them both to be some of the nicest guys I've talked to in my search for band members. There was one other, but he only wanted to do covers and was only in it for the money. Nice to talk to, very skilled, horrible mindset. I'm not certain on the guitarist yet either. It would be cool to have two guitars, but as you point out, there's the problem of egos. I'd rather go without a second guitarist, to start with, if that gives less ego-struggles :) The drummer has also pointed out that if we can just start out with Guitar, Bass and Drums, we have a trio, which is a good start (and hey, a trio works for some bands. Just look at ZZ Top. They're a trio, and they're doing just fine). I'm not too keen on having to do vocals, but if that's what it takes just to get a band up and running, I'll have to live with it for a while, until we find a dedicated singer :)

Add: We may have found a jam-date now. Saturday next week suits me and the bassist, and the drummer said it would be fine any time next week, so I take it he can do it on Saturday too :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...