View post (Upcoming Music-school gig)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
04/30/2014 2:30 pm
With only one week left until my upcoming music-school gig, I think it's better to start a new thread, considering how confusing things are starting to get... As it is right now, the general plan involves me playing on three occasions, while practically everyone else gets to go on-stage only once. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but I don't really mind. I'm guessing my teacher believes that I'll be able to handle taking the stage three times. Two of the times I'll be going on-stage, I'll be playing Rhythm, though, while the third time will be me alone, playing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (and possibly more stuff, if they'll allow it, but the plan is that I'll only be playing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"). It seems I'll still be jamming with the other guitarist (perhaps. I'll find out tomorrow), and I'll still be playing along to a singer (messed up that rehearsal today...), so it seems pretty much like everything is back to the original plan, only with the addition of me playing something myself.

If the guitarist is interested in trying something slightly more long-term, I might even have a second guitarist lined up for my own little band that I'm trying to put together. I've got a Drummer and Bassist I'll be jamming with soon, and I wouldn't mind having a second Guitarist. Then all that's left is a decent rock-singer. We'll see when the time comes. The Drummer and Bassist already seem enthusiastic enough, so that's a good start, if nothing else. For now, getting through the music-school gig alive (and without screwing up) is the most important thing.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...