How does your music affect others?

haghj500
haghj500
04/06/2014 8:19 pm
When you’re playing on stage you are wondering how your music is affecting the listeners. Often you can tell just by looking at the crowd. But have you wondered what you yourself would feel if you were standing in the crowd watching and listening to what is coming at you.

Take Led Zeppelin and their song Stairway to Heaven. Do you think they ever stood looking out over the crowd wondering what they “the crowd” were feeling, what was moving through them as they watched and listened?

Well, “Heart” gave “Led Zeppelin” a chance to experience as close to their own magic as they may ever come. Watch their eyes and the way the 3 interact as they feel what it’s like to be part of the crowd. The clip is just under 7 minutes. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2O3OAQjng
# 1
maggior
maggior
04/07/2014 12:24 am
That was cool!! Ann Wilson is on of the best rock singers ever. Wow.
# 2
haghj500
haghj500
04/08/2014 3:49 am
Maggior,

Ann is my top female singer hands down. I remember the night the lead player in the band I was in, played the Dream Boat Annie album. I played it over and over all night.

Nancy can hold more than her own against most guitar players rhythm and lead as well. There is a few good videos on youtube of her and Ann going for it.

One thing I love about Ann is most female singers hit notes that seem to loosen the ear wax from the in side of my ears. Ann's voice has never done that at any volume, then mix Nancy's voice in there.
# 3
maggior
maggior
04/08/2014 1:13 pm
Yes, Nancy has pipes and chops too! You make a good point about Ann's voice not being hard on the ears. She commands sheer power in her voice!

I recall from a bio is saw (probably Behind the Music) that they were both huge LZ fans. I've heard them do covers of LZ songs in their concerts - Battle of Evermore comes to mind. It must have been an incredible experience for them, after all of these years, to perform Stairway to Heaven for the living members of LZ. Who could have predicted that 30, 40 years ago!

Dreamboat Annie and Little Queen are great albums. One of these days, I will go through the lesson for "Magic Man" here and learn the song all of the way through. There is some incredibly cool guitar work in that song!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.