boss js10

03/25/2014 6:50 pm
just got the js10 today,although havent had time to fool with it,haveing a 13 month old beutiful daughter too wacth.but thats ok ,as soon as my wife gets home game on.iam just finding out now the options too have an expression pedal,single footswicth,dual footswicth.usb flash drive,sd card.usb chord from unit too computor.man theres just way too much goodies on here.and it comes with all the mentioned stuff usb chord,sd card.i thought it would be bigger then it is,but its fine very convenient too place anywere.just opened it,first thing i see is a big fat book,probably instructions for every language..happy camper...
# 1

03/25/2014 7:10 pm
ok thus far,allot of reading too do.
turned it on and just scrolling through it,i really dont think it sounds bad comeing out of the speakers.iam shure it will sound much better with headphones.man this unit is awsome.
# 2

03/25/2014 7:31 pm
its a good ear trainer,select any kind of riff,and u can have it repeat it self till you fiqured it out...i know iam babbling here sorry for that,haveing everything i been through,with u know what.now iam just a happy boy with a new toy.do forgive me.slip u were right on,this thing is awsome.
# 3
maggior
maggior
03/25/2014 7:49 pm
Sounds like you are having fun Axe!!! Take your time and enjoy discovering what that bad boy can do.

Looking forward to a thread on the Listening Post feature one of your creations!!

Cheers!
# 4
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/25/2014 8:20 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2i really dont think it sounds bad comeing out of the speakers.iam shure it will sound much better with headphones.man this unit is awsome.

I just wanted to give you low expectations so you'd be happy! It does sound really good through the headphones. It shouldn't take you long to get the hang of it... once you get the idea of how the menu system works, its pretty intuitive! Have fun!
# 5

03/25/2014 8:54 pm
yeah man kinda have the basics down.wow playing through the headphones just aint nothin like it.this is the most fun i have had playin guitar,since my last band back in the day.i wass screaming through a metal back track in DMJ,i got to say it sounded amazing.need to get a hard drive
# 6

03/26/2014 8:20 am
Originally Posted by: maggiorSounds like you are having fun Axe!!! Take your time and enjoy discovering what that bad boy can do.

Looking forward to a thread on the Listening Post feature one of your creations!!

Cheers!

Thanks maggior iam finaily haveing fun playin.its not the same listening too a jam on ur pc and play along with that..my creations,u kill me lol
# 7
matonanjin
matonanjin
03/26/2014 3:49 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2.i thought it would be bigger then it is,but its fine very convenient too place anywere.just opened it,first thing i see is a big fat book,probably instructions for every language..happy camper...

For me the size was one of the great things about it. When traveling I stick it in a small camera bag that I have and it goes in the back seat. Or when flying it goes in the overhead really easily. Before I thought about the camera bag I just carried it on. I had some interesting conversations with flight attendants or other people in the gate area explaining what it is!

Yeh, the book is fat because of all the different languages.

You are going to love this learning tool.

Guitars: 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody I, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster,  2020 Fender Telecaster, 2001 PRS Santana SE,  2021 Martin M-36, 2021 Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica  Amps: Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10,  Line 6 POD HD500X, Quilter Microblock 45 w/homemade 12" cab.

# 8

03/26/2014 5:40 pm
thanks maton,i already love this and i havent even scratched the surface yet,just been playin with there presets,which i thing is cool.i havent tried any amp models or effects yet.but i can tell it was a long night of jamming.the one thing i notice is when i stop playin theres and the volume is still on i hear a unwanted annoying scratchy sound,now it goes away when i turn the volume down.have you had that problem...and i did replace cabels and it still did it.you dont hear it while playin only when you stop...ty
# 9
matonanjin
matonanjin
03/27/2014 1:51 pm
Axe, I have not noticed that.

Guitars: 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody I, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster,  2020 Fender Telecaster, 2001 PRS Santana SE,  2021 Martin M-36, 2021 Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica  Amps: Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10,  Line 6 POD HD500X, Quilter Microblock 45 w/homemade 12" cab.

# 10

03/27/2014 5:34 pm
i got to do alittle more reading ,it says to make sure volume is off when turning the unit on or off.since doing so it seems better now.i get alittle hum from speakers which isnt tthat bad at all.but throw the headphones on and ur in a new world.i still have allot more reading to do,iam curios if you can change the key to any one backtrack.i found a really cool metal backing track,its in the key of D,can i change that too A?..i dig the key of A allot.but at the same time iam playing in all kind of keys,which is good.thanks for everything,truley appreciate everyones help here.ROCK ON.
btw now my most wonderfull wife which i love,tells me i should down size my gear.so i tell her really i just got it all back thank god for that.but shes right i do have stuff thats practically brand new that i dont need or use.being my age i dont see myself in a band,dont get me wrong i would love too be in a band,theres nothing like it.so i may be selling a whole lot of gear,one being my MARSHALL DSL15,I allready have one of my BSTAR HT5RW FOR SALE ON EBAY.THE ONE THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT EBAY IS THEY NOW TAKE 12% OF FINALE SALE PRICE to me thats alittle too much.but what can ya do.i have a new vox wah pedal that needs to go,i never use it.u know how gear junkies are,buy buy buy,use very little for the most part.i have 3 prs guitar straps one being a soft leather well i seen it and bought it knowing i never play standing up.that itself takes mad skills to do.i just never found myself comfortable standing while playin,so i resort to my barstool.talked enough.peace
# 11
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/28/2014 6:06 am
Originally Posted by: axe2I am curios if you can change the key to any one backtrack.i found a really cool metal backing track,its in the key of D,can i change that too A?..

Hi Axe, yes, you can change the key. Pressing the "speed" button brings up a menu which defaults to first being able to vary the speed of the song. If you use the left/right buttons, you can move over to "pitch", hit enter to actually turn the pitch shift on, and then set it to whatever pitch you need to. Be warned though, when you change the pitch, just like when you change the speed, there is a pretty noticeable drop in audio quality...
# 12

03/28/2014 12:16 pm
Thank you slip,i geuss i will leave it in the key of D.iam glad i asked that question.i fiqured that it would be possible to change keys,cause this boss does everthing,besides playing ur guitar for you.
Iam in need of a babysitter,so i can lock myself in my axe room.and then spend the whole day fooling with it.i need to go through the manul,i only thumb nailed it.i hope my blackstar sells on ebay.or i may put it on craigs list as well.discount for all GT members.oh yeah iam sorry slip to be a pain in the a@@,last qeustion slip promise.the input jack were u can plug in another guitar or bass ect.can you plug in a wah pedal in that input jack.i know they sell two different footswicth pedal,and a expression pedal too,that would also work as a wah pedal too.thanks pal.i do appreciate it.rock on my freind.
# 13
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/28/2014 5:53 pm
I think in terms of a wha pedal, you'd have to plug your guitar into the wha, and then the wha into the JS10. The other option might be to use an expression pedal as you suggested, but I haven't read about that.

Oh, and that backing track where I did the Phrygian Dominant demo is I believe "Metal Drop D"... you should be able to find it.

Have fun!
# 14

03/28/2014 10:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardI think in terms of a wha pedal, you'd have to plug your guitar into the wha, and then the wha into the JS10. The other option might be to use an expression pedal as you suggested, but I haven't read about that.

Oh, and that backing track where I did the Phrygian Dominant demo is I believe "Metal Drop D"... you should be able to find it.

Have fun!

hey slip,thanks bud yeah iam to sure about useing my wah.i may buy an expression pedal.well i just did my first recording in DMJ,USEING THE phrygian,pentatonic scales sounds ok.i know i could do better so ill erase it and start over.i was wacthing a video on you tube,i typed how to put delay on ur js10.this guy had the best sound with delay i ever heard,it was george from dokken that was the sound he was showing.real nice.
# 15

03/28/2014 10:52 pm
i was goin through all the amp models,pretty damm cool for now i choose the 5150 amp with some cool delay.
what are you useing as far as an amp model and effects.so far all i have is delay,the others will come in time know hurry takeing my time with this guy...
i have to say like i said before its now making a scracthy noise when i stop playin and the volume is on.it goes away when i shut the volume or dig this,it allso goes away when i touch the metal on my cable cord going into jack one.very strange.idk
another cool feature is,whatever the key of the backing track is in,say ur playing in drop d well ur guitar automatically is now tuned to drop d.
or eb ect.thats cool so you dont have to stop playin to tune ur guitar too eb,or d ect.the delay is wickedly sick sounding.
# 16

03/29/2014 9:21 pm
well i went through the manul,and for the life of me i dont see how to save pacthes.i picked out an amp model,the 5150 evh and added some delay.now i got to use it.but when i shut the unit off and turned it back on it was lost.btw the amp models are pretty cool,this is my first time useing something like this to were u can pick ur amp and effects,so i caint compare the amp modeling too anything.i registered it so iam good there,and there is a hotline # to call,which i will do that on monday.iam just missing something as far as saveing pacthes.
# 17

03/29/2014 10:52 pm
hahah one thing i have learned is u ever get stuck were to go next with your solo,do a nice long bend with allot of vibrato that will buy u alittle time.lol
# 18
maggior
maggior
03/30/2014 1:27 am
Originally Posted by: axe2hahah one thing i have learned is u ever get stuck were to go next with your solo,do a nice long bend with allot of vibrato that will buy u alittle time.lol

Shhhhhhh!!!!! Don't tell everybody!! hehehehehe

Don't let anybody else know, but doing a little palm muting with some repetitive phases can by you some time too! :-)
# 19

03/30/2014 12:45 pm
True very true maggior,i just couldnt hold it in anymore had to share the secret..ha.hows ur search goin have u decided on anything yet.i am thinkin i may have to send back js for a replacement.its startin to make scracthy noise again.if it comes and goes,,which is what its doin.then theres a problem .
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.