View post (Guitar Set UP)

View thread

fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
03/19/2014 10:15 pm
Originally Posted by: john of MTI had planned to have my guitars done each year but now I'm not so sure. My luthier is well known/widely respected in the region and he said such frequency wasn't necessary.

Now...that might be due to the guitars themselves or my style of playing or the amount of time I put in on the guitars. They're all high quality instruments and the three I currently have get a combined total of about 70 hours/month play time. They aren't played 'hard', they're wiped down after every play and get a more thorough cleaning weekly.

So, since they sound nice, play nice and don't seem to have any intonation issues and my luthier says 'don't bother' I guess I'll save the money and the time...

Sounds like you found a good an honest luthier :) unfortunately for my guitars, they have a hard life and are used as my home instruments plus weekly band practices plus they get used at gigs, so lots of hard playing plus bumps and knocks that occure on the road so once a year they need a look at but luckilly the guitar tech i know is very kind to me in regards to his prices.