View post (To try or not to try...)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
03/12/2014 5:55 am
Originally Posted by: axe2I would jump on the offer,its another life experience.you can always pack ur gear and bounce out of there.and u never know maybe the drummer,or bass player will follow you. Cause they like the direction ur heading.anything is possible.and besides you just might like what you hear..GOODLUCK,KICK SOME ASS. MAKE ALLOT OF SUGGESTIONS,WHATA YA GOT TO LOOSE.

Good point. The way I see it, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They've already offered me the chance of a lifetime, so it'd be stupid not to cease it. Yes, they may prefer a more Bass-heavy style than me, but since they're starting a new band, I'll have a chance to affect the music a bit. Maybe I can inject some classic rock into the music, and actually make it sound good. I'm still only learning, and they know that, and my speed isn't the fastest, but I don't think they mind since they're the ones who invited me, not the other way around. I'm also pretty sure I am going to be the only guitarist in the band, at least to begin with, so there's gonna be a bit of pressure on me to write riffs and melodies for their/our original stuff. Of course, that also means the Lead Guitarist role is open for me to take.

One thing I know for sure is, that I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. Who knows? We might just experience that moment where we just jam and everything just sounds and feels great, even though our styles are different.

Now, before actually meeting them and jamming with them, I might want to learn a few songs by their influences, just to be somewhat sure I have some songs they might know.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...