View post (Official! We have 500 songs!!!)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
03/15/2014 2:32 am
I second Steve's suggestion and have long thought of something similar.

While I wouldn't want to see the different requests disappear, I think a more detailed knowledge of who/what GT's current/active members are would be helpful in selecting the next 500 songs and/or guiding licensing requests. Survey questions to be answered such as; member age, genres that hold the most interest, decade that holds the most interest, acoustic, electric or both, personal skill level and, yes...songs wanted in the next 500. And maybe some choices, from GT to us, to choose from, e.g. this Beatle song or that? Waylon's or Blake's? 60's girls groups or 90's boys bands? Just as important I think, what songs did the member learn from GT's collection of song lessons? And I suppose similar input from the instructors along with what songs they would like to create lessons for might be helpful. ;)

I suspect there's some fine balances to maintain between keeping current while satisfying large chunks of the GT membership. Periodic member surveys and/or new member questionnaires could be a big help.

Maybe a starting point would be to survey the membership about what we think those important questions should be...
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins