View post (Open Mic)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
03/05/2014 5:35 am
Originally Posted by: maggiorOnce you get a recording together, I'd love to hear it!! I'm sure others would too. It's inspiring and motivating to hear how others are progressing.

If it works out without too many problems, and I actually manage to get a recording done, I'll probably do as many recordings as I can. I've got a few songs that I just need Bass, Drums and Lyrics for, and if I can program the Bass and Drums, I can get some help with the lyrics. My sister has already offered to help with that, if I want it. I won't be writing lyrics during the recording session, though. That's just a waste of time.

If it works out, and I get some recording done, at long last, I'm going to share it here first, so I can get feedback from other musicians first, before throwing it on YouTube and sharing it with friends and family. Should also be easier to find others to play with (either start a band or go with a solo project so I get to play music I love), since most of the new musicians I've jammed with don't want to try writing. They just want to play completed songs.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...