View post (Open Mic)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
03/04/2014 8:32 pm
Well, in between rehearsing my pre-planned improvisation-parts for the music school show thing, practicing stuff I'd be happy to play, and jamming along to records (just to see how screwed up my timing is), I've managed to learn a few licks in some solos by just hearing the songs a lot of times and trying to replicate the melody. I also managed to get some stuff going yesterday, after finally getting a new phone (one with a mic that doesn't make it sound like I'm trying to drown someone or cut through diamond with a buzzsaw, to make it even better).

I managed to get a quick recording of the Rhythm parts for a new song that sort of just popped up, but I'll have to do a re-take tomorrow, because of a stupid text message that caused the phone to ring, which then got on the recording... Annoying, but that's life. I hope to have the opportunity to record it all over tomorrow, import it into the recording software that came with my amp, program some bass and drum tracks (as much as I'm opposed to computer-produced music, it's the only feasible solution until I find a band. It's cheaper than buying a bass, a drumkit, a crapload of mics and then learning to play those instruments...), and mess around with some Lead Guitar stuff over it. And hopefully have it done by the end of the week... Maybe I should try asking for help from the one person that supports me 100% and happens to have an iMac that can run my recording software better than my laptop... Ask if she wants to help me record, produce and mix some music (probably not for free, though)

If my plan works this time, it should also give me something to showcase to other musicians when I find some people to start a band up. Granted, this thing is in the slower end of what I play. I do also have a few faster songs, but they aren't being recorded until I find if this works.

Funny enough, this is the only original that I use my ES-345 on... And it's the only one where I play in Standard Tuning, rather than a half-step down. Well, that can be changed. I just need to start playing around with it a bit more (it helps that I got it a dedicated strap, so I now have one for each of my 3 Epiphones. Sitting down with an electric just isn't as fun).

In any case, at least I'm progressing with my own goals :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...