View post (Open Mic)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
02/27/2014 6:09 pm
You know, right after posting that other comment, I looked at a Danish website for finding like-minded musicians, and there was a post by a drummer and a singer, who were looking for some people to start a band. Granted, they wrote that they are mostly into Pop and Soft Rock, but I still sent them a message. If it turns into something serious, I'll get a chance to play some music with others, even though it's probably not going to be the Hard Rock I love. But hey, even one of the best guitarists in Denmark (at least in my opinion) plays with pop-bands when they need a guitarist to go on tour, and he seriously manages to make it sound great even though he normally plays Hendrix-style Rock in his own band. And really, playing in a Pop-Rock band won't be all that different from the music I love. 80's Hair Metal has a lot of nick-names, one of them being "Pop-Metal", and both Deep Purple, Aerosmith and Queen have made a few great songs that have a Pop-like sound to them. So it's not going to be only bad, if I end up joining that band. And in about half an hour, I'll find out if that other guitar-student at my music-school is up for playing together at that upcoming event too.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...