View post (Open Mic)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
02/26/2014 6:01 pm
The plan they've got for it is to have a new, upcoming, unsigned band playing for 30-45 minutes, before the stage becomes open to everyone else. After that, anyone who wants can just go on and jam with others. I sadly don't know any local musicians, who could be interested in jamming together there, but I'm sure someone will go up there and play the other instruments. I'll probably just sit in for a while the first time, just to get a feel for how it works, after that, I might throw myself up there (should probably bring some friends for support...), and see how things go.

It seems that leaving my pedals at home would be a good idea (until I have a band that can take up that coveted "headline"-slot at the beginning). I can only hope for the best. Until the first time I get the chance to jam there, I'll have to brush up on my scales a bit. Maybe learn to identify all the notes of the Major, Minor and Dorian Modes to begin with, since Major and Minor are generally used a lot and I've read the Dorian Mode gets used a lot in 80's-style Rock.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...