View post (Affecting your guitar playing)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/18/2002 3:41 pm
Originally posted by Willdridge
.....So, I'll start by explainning a little. My hands had a bit of a run in with a few walls and signposts last night(for reasons I won't bore you all with) The problem is now my right hand knuckle is swollen about three times the size it should be...In itself no too much of a problem and temporary at that....
So, the question is a combination of: Have you ever done something in your personal life that a leaked over and affected your guitar playing and why do you think we risk our playing "skills"?
Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to nurse myself with some frozen food, (ahem)...lalalalala. Heheh.

Well, mentally yes, because to play guitar at our top level it requires a certain amount of mental fortitude. But heck I carried stones out to my house a few weeks ago, and everytime I picked up each rock I thought to myself "what if I slip, just one wrong movement and my days as a musician are over." Basically we always risk a lot everyday, because it's a part of life, but as musicians we can't always afford to just sit back and massage our knuckles all afternoon, we have to get to work, and continue with our normal daily routines. It's a bitch sometimes, and it can be frustrating searching for that one break as a musician, but we never stop trying. Just watch out for falling stones!!! :eek:

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."