View post (Opinions about the Schegel beginners course.)

View thread

danglesf123
danglesf123
02/20/2014 12:56 am
Hi there, this course is for absolute beginners so your not gonna be rocking out to your favourite band in 5 min if your starting from scratch. The stuff in it and the melodies are very basic but this helps as u build from thing to the other so it depends where your skill level sits as to I whether you may find it boring

Beginners stuff by virtue can be deemed as boring but u need this knowledge and skills to be a better guitarist. As a absolute beginner (presuming one is) it's crucial to look at the bigger picture and to see this course as a means to an end.

I've been playing for a few years but went thru it anyway and used it as refresher and found some parts useful. I wish when I started I had this structured approach.

The videos are short which should keep you focused l reckon, and I think it teaches you the things that are likely to useful in enough detail without going overboard.

At first I thought Chris Schlegel was a little odd in the way he comes across but he explains things clearly and slowly which is what u want at this level...I think he is pretty good.