View post (Joining a band)

View thread

maggior
maggior
01/27/2014 7:54 pm
Originally Posted by: KasperowI'd say you should bring whichever guitar you're most comfortable with playing on, but since you say that's evenly split between your Strat and LP, that's not a very helpful suggestion. You do bring up some good points for taking the Strat over the LP, though. As for playing through an unfamiliar amp, I know how you feel. I've tried it twice before, and it negatively affected my playing until I got used to the unfamiliar tone..

6 months ago, I would have said the LP was my most comfortable guitar. Lately I find myself drawn to my strat now that I have it setup well. That's why I'm torn. Over the next week or so, I'm going to focus on which one feels the most comfortable to me and see.

The Van Morrison song has a really jangly sound to it, so I think the strat will be a safe bet there.

When I see what other people are playing, it may sway me. If they are playing strats and teles, I may bring my LP to balance it out and add some variety to the sound.

Yeah, I have to try to not have the different amp impact my playing. I also worry that I'll plug into the amp and fall in love with it and have to explain to my wife why I need to buy a new amp :-).