View post (Blues jam in Bm)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
01/06/2014 4:53 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorTrain kept ' rollin' is a great song. You can certainly jam one that 'til the cows come home.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's one of those songs like ZZ Top's "La Grange". The rhythm is so catchy and up-beat that it's almost impossible to stand still while it's being played.

[QUOTE=maggior]Awesome! Once you feel comfortable with it, I (and I'm sure a lot of others here) would love to hear it. What's good is not only do you know what you need to work on and but you know *what is working and sounds good*. Keep the recording and go back to it a month from now, 6 months from now, etc. and you'll hear just how far you've progressed.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try again tonight. Of course, since I'm not completely comfortable with playing while recording (or being watched, for that matter), I should probably use the guitar I feel most comfortable with using. That way, at least I won't have to worry about whether my Tone sounds like it did last night :)

If it goes well, I'll post the recording here. With some luck, I might just be able to find a 12-Bar Blues Backing Track in Ab, which is the key I jammed in last night (that is, I played a rhythm in Ab, but it lacked both drums and bass). It should be possible to find a good one of those to Jam over:)

ADD:
Turns out it is, in fact, possible to find 12-Bar Blues Backing Tracks in the key I want! I think I'll try jamming along to one of those tonight... With my phone hidden on a table right next to my amp with its recorder turned on so I can record it and hear how things go and share the results. Well, let's hope for the best and expect the worst. That way I can only be surprised, not disappointed.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...