View post (Blues jam in Bm)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
01/06/2014 6:44 am
Originally Posted by: maggior@Kasperow - I'm so glad you found this inspiring. Your posts of your progress and working with bands have been inspiring to me, so back atchya!! :-). I got a tab and "play along" CD with some old Aerosmith songs. Joe Perry is a great player and I especially like his stuff from the 70's. Looking at the tab, it may be a tough go, but we'll see. "Same old Song and Dance" and "Walk this Way" are on my list of what I really want to learn out of that book. The solo from "Dream On" would be a good one to add to my arsenal too. Which songs are you working on?

I'm trying to learn a few different covers, actually. The ones I'm trying to learn, or have on my list, by Aerosmith are "Dream On", "Train Kept A' Rollin'", "Cryin'" and "Living On The Edge". Generally, though, I intend to learn to play a handful of covers, not enough to be in a cover band, but enough to be able to select a few great covers for jamming with a band when I find the people. I've never tried those books with tabs and a play-along CD, though. I usually just borrow the tab-books from the library and take a copy for my own use. Are those Play-Along CDs just like the jam-tracks in the lessons here or am I mistaken?

I'm actually tempted to try recording the Blues-jam I came up with last night. The problem is that I couldn't keep the rhythm for more than one or two play-throughs of the 12-Bar Pattern I was playing, once I started recording. Kept hitting bad notes and open strings. The rest of it did sound good, however, so I think I'll record it anyway and see what happens. It wasn't very original either, but that's less important as long as it mostly sounded good.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...