Jazz, Metal and Salsa guy

JeremyRodriguez
JeremyRodriguez
01/02/2014 2:26 am
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to have joined this forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you. If you are a metal head, we definitely need to connect. I haven't been part of a metal network for a super long time. I'm willing to answer any questions about music theory, guitar playing, saxophone playing and some basic piano playing, so keep me in the back of your mind for those of you still learning. Take care!
14 Day Mini Course That Boosted My Alternate Picking by 30 BPM In Less Than a Week at NO COST at www.transformmusically.com

FREE Download of Forsake Me Not's debut single and annual VIP membership! Limited spots at www.forsakemenot.com
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
01/03/2014 12:49 am
hey Jeremy, welcome to the GT forum!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
JeremyRodriguez
JeremyRodriguez
01/03/2014 7:36 pm
Thank you!
14 Day Mini Course That Boosted My Alternate Picking by 30 BPM In Less Than a Week at NO COST at www.transformmusically.com

FREE Download of Forsake Me Not's debut single and annual VIP membership! Limited spots at www.forsakemenot.com
# 3
BBMAC
BBMAC
01/04/2014 12:34 am
You're like myself in that you like different forms of music...sometimes I need the energy of Metal, or Joe Satriani, or something vicious and nasty sounding like Gary Clark Jr's hollow-body played live (Crossroads, "Bright lights", I wish Guitartricks would cover that song)...his sound is hair raising, and sometimes it's Paco De Lucia, I can always count on Jeff Beck to amaze, Beethoven or Blue Rodeo if I'm laid-back, SRV just because, or Robert Johnson...I can always count on the blues, sometimes it's Hank Williams Sr. Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Salsa"...I should know, but hey, I love Latin American music but am not sure if I want to tackle that classical stuff...Los Lobos is more my speed...I think they're awesome. I was jamming with some dudes that only wanted to play "indie folk", and soft country (nothing wrong with that)...I played lead when I could stay awake...they didn't want to play blues, couldn't get "it", so like Clapton (and others) I moved on down the road. Could you combine Salsa and metal...I don't know...some of Los Lobos stuff is pretty raunchy? (I know..I'm an idiot...I just like cool sounds).
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.