View post (that feeling of stop improving)

View thread

3donkey
3donkey
11/27/2013 9:22 pm
Slipin Lizard, I would like to play rock and blues since that's the kind of music I like. Probably my main hero is Mark Knopfler, I also like Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer, old Guns and Roses.. to give some examples. Speaking about styles I really like finger picking, but I also willing to play solos in a decent way. I m not much into technics using the pick and of course I never meant to be able soling like Steve Vai and fingerpicking like Tommy Emmanuel at the same time.. I'm aware it's pretty much impossible to master all the guitar technics. If I could play something right now, I would choose all dire straits songs.. ( I actually learned to play sultans of swing :) )
In any case, since I' m not a kid anymore ( I m 38 ) I find more difficult to answer what kind of musician I want to be. For sure I would like to be at least in a cover band in a couple of years, playing in clubs and having fun. At least I see that to be something more realistic right now.
If I will keep playing and grow as a musician, who knows... of course things might develop in to something else, I d love to play as a session man or register something in a studio, but I see that as a far dream right now.
So for now I want to stay with my feet on the floor and focus on keep learning and improving.
In any case, was fun to answer your question

Davide