Happy to be here

fretsmith
fretsmith
11/23/2013 6:53 pm
Hi- I'm in my 50's, retired in North Florida. Been playing (off/on) for 40 years. Strictly a hobby-ist. No band, hard time finding like-minded musicians to play/jam with around here. So I mostly play with jam-along books, backing tracks, etc. ( and now... Guitar Tricks.com ). I am a total gear whore with waaaay more stuff than any sane human needs. 25+ guitars, 8 amps, countless pedals/processors, huge library, angry wife :), etc. I am enthused about GT because, so far, the quality of instruction has surpassed my every expectation. If you can't learn a song with these guys you're probably hopeless. I also see great potential in the forums because it seems to be populated with players of all levels, all ages, and both sides of the Ocean. Hello
# 1
maestro1
maestro1
11/23/2013 9:27 pm
hi ime new here hello from good old blighty, it must be great living in florida ? paradise? dreams to me, anyway just joined and am learning rocky mountain way and really enjoying it, anders is sooo good, have been learning bach on classical guitar which i also enjoy, am now learning electric properly, so nice talking to yall speak soon regards tony . ps if you need a home for any of that equipment? just kidding,
# 2
fretsmith
fretsmith
12/03/2013 3:26 pm
Where, exactly IS "old blighty"? Yeah, Florida is nice - GOD did a nice job with the weather, beaches, wildlife, etc. MAN...not so much. We still have the poverty, crime, and unsavories you'd find in any other US state. I'm a big Anders fan too. I have spent countless hours on his "Already Gone" tutorial. I'd give anything for a fraction of his talent. Too much gear, I know. Some guys got a boat - I got guitar stuff. I hope you see this and stay in touch, I'm hoping to make a few cyber-friends in the GT community. :)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.