Tones in Garageband?

juliancates
juliancates
10/28/2013 2:50 pm
I see in Garageband that it is possible to save the presets you create with the various amps and effects. Is it also possible to share these presets? Are there any sites or forums where folks upload and share them?
# 1
Aurea1
Full Access
Aurea1
Full Access
11/02/2013 9:16 am
Hi juliancates

I only know for Line6 devices and amps there are thousands of shared tones and effects for free at

http://line6.com/customtone/

i can imagine other companies might have tone-sharing for their devices maybe somebody else knows some more ?

Good luck

Aurea
# 2
compart1
compart1
11/02/2013 3:43 pm
This a copy and paste from Garageband site
"Set your music free.
Instantly post your songs to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud. Or export them to your iTunes library, where they can live alongside all your other favorite music and go wherever you do."
Hope this helps
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
11/08/2013 3:11 am
www.google.com

You'd be surprised what you can find on that site... :)
# 4
juliancates
juliancates
11/08/2013 5:09 am
Originally Posted by: aschlemanwww.google.com

You'd be surprised what you can find on that site... :)

Gee, thanks! ;)

Actually, you'd be surprised at what is seemingly very difficult to find. Lots of "hey, look at all these cool effects in garageband", but not any "hey, I created the perfect tone to play Crazy Train and saved the presets. You can download them here."

If you actually have a link to a site where you can upload/download garageband presets, I'd appreciate the link!
# 5
JeffS65
JeffS65
11/09/2013 12:55 pm
Originally Posted by: juliancatesGee, thanks! ;)

Actually, you'd be surprised at what is seemingly very difficult to find. Lots of "hey, look at all these cool effects in garageband", but not any "hey, I created the perfect tone to play Crazy Train and saved the presets. You can download them here."

If you actually have a link to a site where you can upload/download garageband presets, I'd appreciate the link!

I will give you the shortcut; you can't. GB is awesome and I use it but it is limited with a number of features. Unlike Amplitube stuff, which is expressly set up for guitar tone and there is a ton of tone sharing for that, GB is a recording software and some of those kinds of features are left off.

I'd heard that you could save the settings as a file and drag/drop in to GB somehow but it was kind of a mess to do.

So, that's what I know. Though not answering your question, a great resource of Garageband stuff is the Garageband Support Community on Apple's site. Lots of very helpful people there.
# 6
aschleman
aschleman
11/20/2013 6:24 am
My google search of the question revealed what Jeff said... There's really no way to save the tone files and share them. However, there is a save feature that allows you to save a preset and file it in your "favorites".

Theoretically, since this information is saving in some capactiy within the program, it shouldn't be difficult for Apple to allow sharing of those code sets between users.... but for whatever reason, they don't.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.