View post (How to come up with great lyrics?)

View thread

maggior
maggior
11/06/2013 1:55 pm
Originally Posted by: KasperowSometimes, music amazes me. Tonight I tried playing a very nice chord progression I've come up with on my Martin Acoustic, and I didn't expect the results to be this good. It sounded okay on my SG, which is the one I used when I came up with the progression, but it wasn't that impressive on any of my electrics. However, when I played it acoustically, it sounded so beautifully sad that the words literally just popped into my head. Almost as if I had already heard the lyrics dozens of times, though I hadn't. those words that came out, came from somewhere inside me. Too bad I didn't have time to grab my phone and record it. I will if it happens again, that's for sure... Of course, I know I can't rely on this method forever. I'll still try the things suggested in this thread :)

That's really cool!!! Yes, it amazes me all of the time. It's happened to me many times where I'll pick up a particular guitar and it will inspire me in a certain way. My strat will inspire me differently than my les paul. My LP on the bridge pickup will inspire me differently than on the neck pickup. Messing around with tone and effects can do the same thing. For me it's more about being inspired about riffs since I don't write lyrics.