Internet output too low

Charliebird
Charliebird
09/21/2013 5:58 pm
Having trouble with getting fast enough feeds! Checked my internet speed connection with Apple this morning and they confirmed I have a fast enough connection bit this site is not putting enough power in its website for all of us to use right now, and I should wait til this afternoon to try again. They said this site should be receiving alerts that it is not outputting enough for all of us. Please upgrade to a higher speed so we can all use it at once if we like.

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/21/2013 8:18 pm
Color me suspicious. :)

For three hours this morning, ending an hour before the OP, I was going through multiple GT lessons on my desktop with no stutter, no buffering...no delay of any kind. Now, two hours after the OP I get the same results...this time on a 1GB RAM netbook which is kinda slow and struggles with videos. None the less, right now it's smoothly running a GT lesson in another tab. Certainly no problems with GT servers att.

Keep us posted and let us know the end story.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
RCB-CA-USA
RCB-CA-USA
09/22/2013 10:49 pm
The GuitarTricks data pump is so strong here, I had to turn off "Excessive Session Detection" because the ATT 2wire modem would turn off and recycle thinking there was data flow attack!

I couldn't figure that out for a while. Contacted ATT, no help. Had a tech in our home, no help. After months of searching around, I discovered the fix online in some obscure forum, buried in a whole bunch of junk, whew. Smokin' hot connection now!

The setting is in the firewall/advanced section of the 2wire control panel if anybody else has the issue!

Check your firewall for Excessive Session Detection and turn it off! If you have a good antivirus program that does real-time protection, you should be safe.
# 3
compart1
Full Access
compart1
Full Access
09/23/2013 7:48 am
Is it possible that Colorado's infrastructure so over taxed from fires, mud slides and flash flooding. Guess a guess..
# 4
Charliebird
Charliebird
09/23/2013 4:23 pm
I'm using an iPad so I can take it outside to play in the beautiful CO weather. The Apple tech checked everything and concluded there was nothing wrong on my end and it must be the site. I just upgraded to 7.0. I didn't try my Mac to check if I had the same problem on it. I will if there is a next time this happens.

The recent weather tragedies we have suffered weren't to blame. My house burned to the ground on June 26, 2012 and now that we're back, we have upgraded to a higher internet speed.

My guess, after a few hours it started working fine again...after the morning hours on a Saturday when many of us like to take a break and play, it was extremely slow. Too many users at one time caused the site to slow down, like my wi-fi does at my house when my TV is streaming and my sons are gaming on the internet. When people started logging off Guitar Tricks to go about their day, my connection speed got much faster. Thus, my take on the problem.
# 5
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
09/23/2013 7:54 pm
When you connect a computer to a website, it actually is connecting to several "routers" in between. And those routers are not always working correctly. Every ISP in every state takes a different "route" through a different bunch of routers to each website. So you can have problems connecting to a particular website and nobody else does. There is nothing wrong with your computer, or our server, but there is something wrong in between.

We recently had a similar problem at our office and there was very little we could do about it except wait (we tried hard to get the ISP to do something about it and got nowhere). Sooner or later the ISPs fix the router, often in a few days.

Sorry we don't have a better fix.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
Charliebird
Charliebird
09/23/2013 9:16 pm
Thanks Jon. I'll keep this in mind if it happens again.
# 7
f1kss22l
f1kss22l
07/08/2019 9:38 am

Does anybody has the same problem in 2k19?? Or i am the only one, con you halp me please?? Somebody.

# 8
edgenew2022
edgenew2022
02/02/2023 4:56 pm

Sorry for bumping, but I faced this issue this morning. I addressed my provider and was told that the speed is fast. Then I checked my router, it seems that everything ok with it. What else can I do?

# 9
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
02/03/2023 3:00 pm

Slow speed can indicate a stuffed modem cache.  My ISP recommends a once month treatment; unplug it for 30 seconds, plug back in.  I always see a speed boost as a result.

Downside?  Sitting in a rural location in western Montana my internet is provided by (phone line) DSL.  I have no idea if my modem treatment will work for folks with 'real' connections.  On the other hand, my pokey DSL handles my time on Guitar Tricks with no problems.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.