Late bloomer...

The Mando
The Mando
09/12/2013 9:14 pm
I started playing guitar Halloween of 2009... in my mid 40's. Unfortunately, I had access to no books...TAB or even decent instruments...as I was incarcerated (caught my lovely wife of twenty years in bed with TWO dudes...nuff said), a little old man inmate was kind enough to start teaching me some basic stuff. Now I'm "free"... and I just bought me four guitars and some equipment (2 Les Paul's, a Strat, an Acoustic/Electric, Fender amp, Digitech RP1000, and Line6 G50 wireless) and literally practice for hours each day. But, I seem to be stuck... the whole "lead" guitar thing evades me. I learned some simple leads...but the more advanced ones just seem to baffle me and leave me frustrated. I take private lessons...but I'm disappointed with the SLOW progress and large expense... I want DESPERATELY to join a band (as I played in the prison band)... also, I'm NOT genre specific...I like most kinds of music...quite a variety of styles.

Tell me this is the right place for getting me where I NEED to go... ?

The Mando
# 1
Andrew536
Full Access
Andrew536
Full Access
09/16/2013 12:26 pm
This is definately the right place to be! the short bite sized videos are perfect for understanding things more easily and progressing faster than any other method I know of! Sorry to hear about your wife, that's some kinky stuff ;)
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.