View post (Why Gibson prices are so high?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
05/06/2002 5:53 pm
That stuff about gibson is pretty nasty stuff... but i must admit, it does seem like some nasty snap shots rather than the whole picture...
Personally i hate Les pauls, infact genral gibson guitars, cos they're so not welcoming to lefies, there was talk of a lefty lp studio comming out under 1g, but i've not seen anything else about this... secondly thier short scale lengths, which are about 58 to 59 cm, and i'm comfortable with 64 cm....
I dont like Ibanez'z sound... their tone never pleases me before the price tag insults me..
ESP is just stupid to lefties...
Fender is acceptable, their prices are acceptablish, but to be honest, there's nothing that I REALLY like... teles are nice, but i find them not too versatile..
Rickenbacker, where do i begin? I've given up on finding one in the first place, I'm acutally going to biuld my self one... but i've kinda gone for completly differnt hardware....
Some of the cheaper korain guitars arent actually that bad, I've got an Encore which i bought for £80... at the time i had no idea about anything guitar related, and i thought i was some crappy cheapo guitar.. I've got a little wiser, and realised, it's got some really silly mistakes, like the pick up selector is wired the wrong way round, the volume knobs read 0 at full volume, and 10 at silence (i've moved the nob it self, and it is on right), but i've also found it's got lovely natual tone (which some £600 ibanezs dont have)... so it's probably getting it's pick ups upgraded, and i'm not so ashamed of it as i used to be...