View post (Why Gibson prices are so high?)

View thread

TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
05/04/2002 10:09 pm
"The first obligation of a company is to be profitable."

True, but there are better ways of making money than suing the hell out of rival companies. Unfair competition? My ass. He fires people and expects them to do what? Promise never to try and succeed here he couldn't?

The most satisfying way to better your opositon in retail is to make a better product and market it in a more successful way. From reading that article, my impression of that guy who's name i cant pronounce let alone type is that he's a failed businessman who has to retaliate in thoughtless ways because he's frustrated that he cant make enough money (when he already makes a lot more than the average person anyway.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna stop buying Gibson's guitars and stuff because the guy at the top is a freak of the business world, but the people he was incharge of deserved better. Nevermind them being 'taken care of' when they were fired, the principle of it sucks. The 'pay them off and they wont feel so bad' wouldnt have worked on me if i had been in that position. I would have taken a stand.

lol.....i guess i'm more political than i thought :)
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'