Old/Newbie

bikerbob5108
Full Access
bikerbob5108
Full Access
08/25/2013 5:56 am
I guess the title has two meanings here with me, as I have been a member for at least a couple of years here and still a newbie, ( I will explain more on that in a few} and I am an older man trying to learn new tricks. As I said, I have been a member for a few years, but I have not tried to learn much. I finally decided to put in some real time on the guitar in the last month and moving right along ( but at a slow pace), my old hands need longer to break in I think. Amazing what practicing will do. I also want to say thanks to everyone here that post on a more or less regular basis. Even though I did not learn much as a rull member as far as playing goes, I did learn a lot from reading your post here. This inclues the staff and teachers here also, I have never seen such a talanted, knowledgeable, and humble community of people. One thing I would like to repeat here,and I have seen it said over and over again here... USE the metronome. Thanks everyone.
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
08/30/2013 8:20 pm
Hey Bob, great to hear your progress. It's true about the metronome. In fact, my teacher used to make me put down my guitar and either clap, or pat my knees along with a metronome before picking up the guitar.

Thank you for your comments, that was really nice to read. :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.