New Korn album

Slasher
Slasher
05/02/2002 10:07 pm
Anyone interested in the new Korn album "Untouchables" or something like that. I know there not the best band in the world, but I'm quietly excited about it's release. Which I'm suprized about coz upto about 2 years ago I hated them. But my musical tastes have widened n I quite like 'em now. I've heared "Here to Stay" loads o times n its pretty much where Issues left off, n thats my fav Korn album yet. Just wondered if any o you guys will be buyin it?
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
05/03/2002 12:04 am

I know what you mean about your musical tastes "widening". I used to hate bands like KoRn, but a friend turned me on to Sevendust . . . and things have never been the same since.

So to answer your question, yes, I'm looking forward to the new album. I'll probably preview it with a few mp3 downloads and then get it if it turns out to be good. "Here to Stay" totally rocks, so if that song is any indication of the new album, then I'll definitely be picking it up.
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/03/2002 12:43 am
I think their first album was pretty good, but since then have decended steadily into a world of their own that has little to do with the rest of us. I've steadily found them more and more meaningless, and less and less interesting.

Hope this changes my opinion.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
firemelody
firemelody
05/03/2002 12:50 am
Hi Slasher,

Well I have been a Korn fan for about 6 years or so, and they have been one of my favorite bands for about 3.. the only album I don't particularily care for is Follow the Leader, in my opinion in sounded a little to mainstream to me. I agree with you that Issues is one of their best albums, I fell in love with it the second I heard it because I felt it showed a more mature and developed band.

I've heard about 6 or so songs off of Untouchables, apparently the whole album was leaked so I decided to check a few of the songs out. To me it sounds really good, from what I've heard it sounds a lot more technical and Jon's singing seems to have greatly improved. I'm gonna go out and get it when it comes out for sure! :D

~When it's dark enough, you can see the stars~
# 4
Willdridge
Willdridge
05/03/2002 7:31 pm
How do you guys feel to the bassist in KoRn (sorry, I can't remember names...:s) making a hip-hop album? - I remember reading about it in an issue of Kerrang (doubt you get it over the pond, so just in case, it's a British "rock/metal" (ahem...) magazine which details the 'metal' music scene across the world...)
I'm just curious really as to what you guys (KoRn fans and non-bother's alike) think about it...
Personally, I think it's good for an "artist" to fulfil both their potentional and their ambitions, without having to sacrifice their "creditiblity"...I also found it interesting that one of the founders of Nu-Metal (it's initial form anyway) making a hip-hop record...But then that's maybe just me.........
What's your take on things?.......
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 5
firemelody
firemelody
05/03/2002 10:54 pm
Well I personally haven't heard Fieldy's new solo project, (I can't even remember the name of it) but I've heard froma handful of people that they don't particularily care for it all that much. I personally am not a big rap fan so I don't think I would go out and get the album, but like you said I think its good that an artist goes out on his own and tries new things. Though it may not be my style of music, all th eluck to him on it. ;)
# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/03/2002 11:34 pm
Hopefully he's better at Hip Hop than bass.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
firemelody
firemelody
05/04/2002 5:28 pm
Very Well said PonyOne, and I completely agree with you on why I started to lose my grip on korn as a fan after Follow the Leader came out. See back in the day of Who Then Now? and Life is Peachy etc. Korn was amazing, and they spoke to me and I'm sure a lot of other people in a way not many bands out there at that time could. They were an underground band completely about the music... I mean In Who Then Now it showed band drinking penny beer in a piece of s*** run down cottage in the middle of nowhere and loving every minute of it, and now like you said they seem (for the most part) spoiled by their fame. I saw an interview with Head in his Limo on the way to an autograph signing in Toronto I believe, and the interviewer asked Head what he thinks of the hype going around that Korn seems to has lost their edge. Head's response... "Last time I checked Jon still screams in every song, how is that not the same Korn?"

:P
# 8
metalisbest
metalisbest
08/05/2002 11:54 pm
I have been a KoRn fan since their first album came out, and I have loved every song that they have put out. The new cd, Untouchables, is great. I don't think Fieldy should of put out a rap album, even though that is his roots, I don't really like rap. But he is a awesome, great bass player.
# 9
bornoffire
bornoffire
08/06/2002 4:42 pm
im not big on corporate rock but i do know korn didnt form there sound themselves...just a thought....

p.s why does a grown man like jonathan davis whine about getting picked on in school and such...just a disterbing thought....

oh and how many bass riffs does feildy have in his repitoir?

[Edited by bornoffire on 08-06-2002 at 11:44 AM]
jam it up!!!
# 10
metalisbest
metalisbest
08/06/2002 5:01 pm
I saw Korn in concert this summer with pom and deadsy. The show was really good and I didn't see any little kids running around where I was at. I met Fiedly after the show by the tour buses and he is a really down to earth guy. Just wanted to mention that.
# 11
David_C
David_C
08/06/2002 7:23 pm
the new album rocks. takes a while to get used to (same as deftone's white pony), but in the end, you start to like it.

fieldy's solo-project sucks. ive heard the single---its terrible.

saw them this summer. still the best live rock performance.

their guitars (k7s) are crap. overpriced pieces of endorsed ****. i dunno about the k5's though.

//keep playing//
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.