Howdy from Texas!

1_GuitarGuy
Full Access
1_GuitarGuy
Full Access
07/31/2013 7:24 pm
Hey guys. I play in a classic rock band. I played for about 5 years back in high school/college, then quit for 17. I then began playing in church and learned different song progressions and styles. One of the best things I learned was finger picking. I'm now back in a classic rock band after 33 years. We've been playing just under a year. Check the bands web site at www.badhabitclassicrock.com . I hope to pick up some new ideas and improve on my playing from this site. Also want to learn some jazz and country.
I'm looking forward to this! I've never had any formal lessons and only read some books on chords and mainly pick out songs from listening. I can read music (played trombone in high school band), but prefer to play by ear and add my own "thoughts" to the mix.
Rock On!
Scotty
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/31/2013 7:32 pm
Welcome to Guitar Tricks, Scotty! We're glad to have you! You'll find a lot of support and knowledge here in the forums.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
08/05/2013 10:26 pm
Hey Scotty, good to see that you found your way "back in the saddle". Playing by ear is a talent and not everyone has it, so props to you.

Nice stage!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.