i dont know what im supposed to do.

dan5050
dan5050
05/01/2002 3:33 am
Hi.
I was just curious the steps everyone took to become a good guitar player. Its been sort of a slow learning process for me and it gets pretty agrivating (eh i cant spell).

I've been playing now for like 3 years, but its been on and off three years. I've finally picked it up for good i feel, because im haveing a great time messsing around with it and i quit some stuff so i had time to actually practice. I've been working with the pentatonic minors and having some trouble. My teacher told me to try create some riffs and get comfortable with the minor roots and moving the scale around. I'm getting more comfortable with where the roots but i cant really create/play anything new.

I dont really know what kinda advice im asking for, im just kinda confused. I dont know 8/

any videos or books anyone could suggest to help me out too?
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/01/2002 9:15 am
First thing, listen to what you wanna play. My first licks were Gary Moore's licks that I tried to play.
You'll eventually end up playing what you listen to. If you listen to blues, you'll play blues, if you listen to jazz, you'll play jazz, and after a while, you'll create your own style, that'll be a blend of everything you have heard.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.