View post (The Seventies: Rock's Classic Age)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/07/2013 11:18 pm
For those of you who don't know, woot.com is a cool little site that offers steeply discounted one-day specials. I've bought vacuum cleaners, iPods, wine racks and a whole bunch of other 'stuff' from them over the past several years. Recently they modified their model and now, along with the one-day specials, they list other items with a sell period of days or even a week or until the items are sold out.

Today there is one of those days-long listings for classic rock posters on canvas:

Museum quality wrapped canvas print
• Printed with high quality inks with a matte finish
• Poly-cotton canvas is wrapped around a wood frame
• Arrives ready to hang with metal hanging hardware
• Measures 14" x 22"

The posters look cool but they're pricey...

Anyhoo,...that's all a long intro to what I copied from the site's listing. It seems to fit with this thread and our posts about rock's different decades:

"Rock died in the late 1950s, the mid-1960s, the early 1970s, the early-mid 1980s, the late-mid 1980s, and once a year from 1997 until 2005. So, as you can see, it would be stupid to buy any of these posters, right? Clearly rock's never going to be popular again." :D
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins