Acoustic Guitar: Recommendations?

Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
05/20/2013 9:32 am
Up until now, all I have played, practiced and listened to involves the blues, rock and metal.

But I have a confession: I also secretly love classical and acoustic lol. Arggh, much courage to admit that! :D

I'm wondering what kind of acoustic guitar the GT community would recommend for someone branching into this type of music for the first time.

The following inspired me, but I don't want to make a drastic mistake because of a label or how many famous artists like Elvis invested in it.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/steel-string-acoustic-guitars/pid9430/cid677/epiphone-ej200ce-electro-acoustic-guitar-vintage-sunburst.asp

So, please feel free to list your suggestions. All advice will much appreciated and taken onboard ;)

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 1
Elliott Jeffries
Elliott Jeffries
05/20/2013 12:22 pm
There are so many good acoustic guitars out there. The best way is try them out. The criteria for some is if it qualifies as a concert instrument. I haven't played anything except standard consumer models but I imagine the concert ones are really good. You could probably get something really nice for a thousand or more. Most lower priced guitars are good, I've had a Takamine for years.
I like my Little Martin. It plays like an electric because of the smaller scale. It doesn't have a cutaway and I didn't get the pick-up model, but those are two things I'd recommend having on an acoustic.
# 2
compart1
compart1
05/20/2013 1:22 pm
Hi Axeman.
I agree with elliot, try if you can.
I found a few demos. This one was one of the better ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EobGfteB21w&feature=fvwp&NR=1
I hope this helps
# 3
GreggRich1
Gregg Richards
GreggRich1
Gregg Richards
05/25/2013 6:10 am
I just traded away a Fender (Made in China) CD-220 CE I think, made with a local wood (Dao wood) but it sounded super nice and on top of it, it is a very beautiful guitar you can get for $300 bucks easy. The secret I found especially for playing live was a little box from Zoom called the A2. It's a mini digital effects box for under a hundred bucks brand new. It has a million settings but you can sweeten any acoustic to an insane level of beautiful tone...I traded my guitar away but I still have that box. I don't know if I'll ever use it again cuz I bought a Gibson 335 but I recommend the Zoom A2 as a superb in line effects box that'll make your $300 guitar sound like a $3000+ guitar NO KIDDING - I love that thing; I got so many compliments on how "beautiful I PLAYED" and I kinda suck...but the instrument was so rich and clean...try it out.
# 4
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
05/26/2013 4:06 pm
Originally Posted by: GreggRich1I I recommend the Zoom A2 as a superb in line effects box that'll make your $300 guitar sound like a $3000+ guitar NO KIDDING....

Woah, you just made me totally speechless. I definitely have to look into the A2. I thank you. My Guitar thanks you! :D

And thank you to everyone else whom contributed. I'm writing all this down. Please keep the ideas coming :cool:

Axe.

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.