View post (Mission of the month!)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/17/2013 2:26 pm
Originally Posted by: frankhtOk, even though I'm late I'm in. My goal is to be able play a bar chord. My issue is I can't get the b string to ring because my index finger seems to bend right at that string. I know there's a way to get it done, I never thought I could get the F major chord to work but finally one day I figured it out and haven't looked back since. Once I can get the bar chord down I will have finished fundamentals 2 and I can move on.

Just start with the B Major Chord. It's the probably easiest Barre Chord in my opinion (it's also the only one I can fret properly, but that doesn't matter). If you can play that, you're one step closer to reaching you goal.

I'm personally slowly progressing with my own goals, and if good Aural Skills count as lead guitar technique, I think I've improved in that area without meaning to last night. I played something random, and it ended up being very similar to the end-riff from Civil War by Guns N Roses (except for the Wah-Wah effect, since I don't have one of those pedals...). And I didn't even mean for it to sound like that riff. I wanted to play something original for a song I've started working on. But since I have Civil War stuck in my head, it poured out of me, through the guitar...
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...