View post (Phrasing: Teaching Your Guitar to Speak)

View thread

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
07/01/2013 5:01 pm
Just wanted to thank wildwoman1313 for writing this article for all of us to read and take knowledge. I don't know her by name, so I had to use Wildwoman. She is a good writer and from what I get from a PM is that she writes for Guitar tricks. If she does not Guitar Tricks should give her a call. Makes sense what she said and sort of helped me understand what I am trying to do, and that was trying to play like someone else. The last couple of years I have tried not to do that and just express myself the way I want to play. I am a bed room guitar player, like so many others. Times could get hard playing, days you cant put anything together and then there is the times you pick up the instrument and everything just goes right. This is beautiful when this happens. At least to my ears lol, Thanks again for the PM and the writing, hope to read more of your common sense and knowledge.Wildwoman when I played out my nic-name was Animal. Guys even bought me a shirt with Animal written on the front. I never really had any finesse, just a bull in a china shop all the time. Them days are over, Hope to hear from you soon, what you talked about in the PM...Pete
For What It's Worth