View post (Phrasing: Teaching Your Guitar to Speak)

View thread

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
06/29/2013 12:22 pm
haghj500, thanks again for leading me to this article. It makes sense and I myself have over looked lots of the information listed. I have played 50 plus years now, but times I feel like I am in a rut. I try and play just to enjoy myself so I don't go down that street. I have stopped playing through my 50 years of playing but always came back. My guitar has been a good friend to me and helps keep me focused. Having PTSD from Vietnam, playing my guitar keeps me settled, if this makes sense to you guys.I no longer play out, maybe I am afraid to get a started. it always starts as a once a week gig and before you know it we are playing 3 nights a week. I also gave up booze since 1986, so when I play out its very tempting to get started down that road again. To stay on subject. The article was well written and we all should be grateful that it was posted on Guitar tricks. I would like to say Thank You for helping me in the past and my future. Guitar Tricks is a great learning tool. The instructors always get back to you when you ask a question and they are very professional. For the new guys starting out. Take your time when you are learning. I know it can get frustrating but its worth all the hassles, Thanks again for getting me back on the path......Pete
For What It's Worth