View post (Which band or artist presented you to rock?)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
04/12/2020 12:26 am
Originally Posted by: DavesGuitarJourney

Never seen the Mona Lisa Twins before, I see why you like them. Perfect name for them, isn't it? I watched their While My Guitar Gently Weeps video, too. That was really nice to watch. So talented to be so young, right?

[p]They are literally -fraternal (?), twins. Die Wienerinnen Mona and Lisa Wagner -have to love them for their surname alone.

Yes. Recorded in 2011 a couple of months before they turned 17, that's an impressive -understatement, cover by them of an epic tune. Although one has to keep in perspective George Harrison was only 19 when The Beatles made it big with their first single "Love Me Do" and hit #1 in the UK with "Please Please Me". Sir Paul was only 20, and of course, writing, singing and playing their own compositions without the privilege of parental push.

[br]Talented yes. They've been at it a long time though, and had a lot of music industry literate parental support and nurturing from the very beginning of their journey. Which is not to detract unintentionally or otherwise from their self-apparent talent, commitment and determination. They not so young as you might think though. 26 this June. Tempus fugit.

Their being so strongly influenced by The Beatles music and that of their 1960s contemporaries, I'm in awe of their covers and original music. Their studio covers of The Hollies "Bus Stop" and Peter & Gordon's "A World Without Love" (written by McCartney) are particularly noteworthy, although there are so many they've done which which are equally good as to challenge those from the #1 & 2 best of covers spot.