View post (Which band or artist presented you to rock?)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
04/11/2020 11:38 pm

I like all three videos you linked there. The two of Chuck from totally different eras are cool to see together. I am pretty sure I have seen the older one before but not the one from the tv studio from the 70s. Any idea who the guys are playing with him? He looked like he was having fun and gave the other guys some spaces to do their thing. From what I understand, he did not always like to share the spotlight so that was cool to see. I'm thinking that may have been in the UK - it has that vibe to me anyway. I notice the Orange amp on the right - not sure those were all that common in the States that early. Maybe?

Anyway, you mention that he had to overcome a lot, and that's certainly true. He did indeed have some "foibles" but his story and his life were very complicated I think. Most people today really only know about the bad stuff without understanding the whole picture. Not saying he was a saint, of course. I don't think I would have particularly liked him or found him to be pleasant company, but he really could play that guitar just like ringing a bell![br][br]

Never seen the Mona Lisa Twins before, I see why you like them. Perfect name for them, isn't it? I watched their While My Guitar Gently Weeps video, too. That was really nice to watch. So talented to be so young, right?

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.