View post (Which band or artist presented you to rock?)

View thread

StratoGee
Full Access
StratoGee
Full Access
10/26/2016 6:47 pm

Talked my mom into buying a 45 (the only 45 I ever owned) of the Who- I Can See For Miles. Still love that song...then my brother sat on it and broke it. I made such a fuss that she offered to buy another, but I talked her into the Kinks LP - Greatest Hits ( I think it was about $3) and I never looked back. Still have that album, and many more, which I started buying with lawn mowing and paper route money. But the Beatles on Ed Sullivan was what gave me the first Holy Crap moment and made me seek out WLOF on the AM radio. Man I pity the kids of today for the lack of radio, the lack of talent and creativity available, and for the downloading/streaming experience. An mp3 DL just can't compare to listening to both sides of the vinyl (with headphones) and reading every available bit of info on the album cover and the inside sleeve. Yeah I know, older than dirt.

Side note: My daughter is the only one of her peer group that will wear one of her many Beatles t-shirts - and I take full credit for that! ;-)

I pick...therefore I am.