View post (Which band or artist presented you to rock?)

View thread

Excellector06
Full Access
Excellector06
Full Access
01/07/2014 2:23 am
Hmm...I'm seeing a lot of good bands that I know many of the songs of, but I guess I'm going to be part of a slightly younger generation (on average.) I've studied music for a bit, playing in band all through high school, and have developed a love of symphony music and the all around sounds of string(ed?) instruments. However, I also love the intensity of rock/metal that isn't always found in symphonies.

My current favorite band does a good job of blending the two genres, providing the edge of rock with the thick, full theory of symphony composition, and they are without a doubt the band that inspired me to grab a guitar. The band is Kamelot and, though they recently had a lead singer change, the lead guitarist Thomas Youngblood was (and still is) a founding member. Take a looksee if you have the feels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSylbQEHhVo

I'm also a big fan of The Police/Sting. Though I was younger and they really never inspired me to follow their path, I listened to them for countless hours and want to learn more than a few of their songs.
Our lives are one, colliding up and beyond
In this fatal possibility
~Coheed and Cambria, Gravity's Union