Your life... and who you sound like!!!

Joseph
Joseph
04/19/2002 4:37 pm

Well, it's been a long time since I've had a band together, and I truly miss being up there on stage. As a music teacher, directing these performances with these kids in chapel, it's not the same as performing in front of a huge crowd, playing the music that best fits your personallity. But as a director for these kids, we're performing my personal material, and basically I'm the head singer something I've never really did in high school. I was always the guy in the back, (the organizer) but I always let someone else take the spotlight as front man.

I guess we all don't feel so comfortable commanding the stage, however as a musician it's something were just have to get used to, because you never know when you'll have no choice but to just do it.

In high school, I started the band, most of the songs were my original material, and everything worked out great. I think I had a very strong lineup back then, and when you're young, you begin to see stars before you eyes as if things couldn't possibly get better.

Well, anyone who ever said being in a good relationship was easy has obviously never been in one, which applies to many different situations. We had a great lineup, but our vocalist, she just wasn't into the project, she decided to head off to college, where I should have went myself.

But I guess timing is everything, and sometimes we just have to be willing to follow our instincts, even if failure is naturally an option. But although I haven't exactly been performing or working with others for the past few years, that hasn't stifled my intensity, and passion for creating music..

We're all creative on many different levels, and music helps us get in touch with our emotions like never before. We are who we are, it's just that for some of us, it's hard to figure that out!

Through music, I believe that we can truly find ourselves. When it comes to our preferences, for a lot of us, it's much easier to go with the majority, because for some of us we're afraid to trust ourselves, and all that we naturally galavinze towards.

We're all attracted to music for different reasons, but we shouldn't let our fear of what other people think prevent us from living our lives to the fullest, and experiencing some of the lifechanging sounds that we've ever heard before.

I appreciate diversity on many different levels. As a musician, I don't like to create limitations for myself, I'll give anything a chance before I consider it pure rubbish. And the final decision lies after we have truly taken the time to experience a musicians art fo all it's worth! It's like watching a movie, you can't decide just from watching the coming attractions, you have to experience the movie as a whole.

I like Jazz, rock, blues, and metal. All types of styles that help inspire me like never before. But if I ever had to seriously describe my sound, I would have to say that it has the melodic structure and precision of Zeppelin and the energy of RATM. :) So, how would you describe your sound? :)

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
04/19/2002 4:50 pm
HMMMM.......a 4 part harmoney version of "Babe I'm Going To Leave You" being sung by 10yr olds in Chapel has a nice ring to it! -lol- :)
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
04/19/2002 5:33 pm
Well, some of them are teenagers, but I guess you get the point. :) Well the great thing about my position is that I'm given the opportiunity to create my own format, and add my own material to the mix. I'm just glad I'm able to give these kids the confidence to get up there and play/sing in front of hundreds o people. I know how I felt when I was their age. So, back to the topic.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
04/19/2002 7:26 pm
I sound like a cross between buckethead and a 3 years old singing his favorites tunes...
I'm going for a heavy sound, but still bluesy and not 'clean' (I like it when you can hear it's a human playing the guitar, not a machine) I was influenced a lot rythmically by flamenco players and I have developed a lot of my playing listening to Al di Meola and Paul Gilbert, so I have a rather strong right hand. I've fallen in love with the music of Allan HOLDSWORTH 3 years ago, and I try to get the kind of licks he does, so my playing is right now in between a bluesy, hard type and a more fluid legato saxlike stuff...
By the way Chris, I'm receiving my 7 string this week I hope!!
# 4
James8831
James8831
04/19/2002 8:55 pm
Originally posted by chris mood
HMMMM.......a 4 part harmoney version of "Babe I'm Going To Leave You" being sung by 10yr olds in Chapel has a nice ring to it! -lol- :)

Lmfao! nice idea, I favour Dazed and Confused :confused:

I think Santana said once when he took acid that he was praying to keep in tune and in time - thats how i am sober or otherwise.
When i've had a few it's a cross between a baaaaaad (as in terrible) Hendrix impersonator and The Velvet Underground via Iggy Pop - .

Otherwise i'm usually just some white guy trying to play the blues.

Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.