View post (I need advise too... :))

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
02/25/2013 4:12 pm
The way I have always looked at it: Multi effects units like the POD,Boss GT series, Digitech RP or GENX series, etc... are great writing and song sculpting tools. They give you great versatility and allow for quick settings and effect changes. In a creative environment they're very useful. I have a Line 6 PODxt Live... it's fun to play around with different effects and different combinations...

...BUT...

That's the extent of the use that I have for it... When it comes to recording or playing live. I use my actual pedal board.

As a side-note... It's almost a tonal sin to play a digital multi effects untit through an already great sounding tube amp. i have always went by the idea that digital and analog shouldn't mix... You either use one or the other.

As for the tones... With your set-up you really only need an overdrive pedal, a delay, and maybe a fuzz.... That should get you into the ball park of any one of those tones that you're looking for.

It's one of those things where there are many ways to get the results that you're looking for... sometimes searching for those tones is the fun part.