Hello all,

maddogti
Full Access
maddogti
Full Access
01/15/2013 2:51 am
Always wanted to learn to play guitar but never had the time, money or motivation. Picked up one on my 40 the birthday and took some lessons at the local music store. 25 bucks for half an hour was a rip when the lesson comprised of tuning the guitar and the teacher showing off how great a player he was. It was really intimidating and my self esteem was low because of my playing ability. Here I sat playing Mary had a little lam and him wailing away on his guitar afterwards. Tried the melt books but became really bored. Then tried private lessons with some different twenty somethings in the area. They were some really great players but they were university students and the lessons were hard to schedule. They also wanted to teach songs that were well beyond my skill level. Then I found jamplay and guitartrickss. Glad I picked guitar tricks. The lesson are well organized and interesting.
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
01/16/2013 3:10 am
great story, thanks for sharing! It's hard to find an instructor who is well knowledged, plays well AND teaches well. We try to find that combination in our instructors. Good to have your here!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2013 10:05 pm
Hi Madd,

No Mary Had a Little Lamb here.

So glad you chose GuitarTricks - welcome!

What style(s) of music are you wanting to play?

Keep us posted - and have fun.

-Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.