I'd just like to get better & not embarrass myself

Magic051
Magic051
01/11/2013 5:21 pm
Although I have "played around" with the guitar for several years, I'm not very good at it, have to fight for every cord & note. I own a semi hollow body and acoustic, both high quality instruments that deserve better.
I'm approaching 62 and if I'm ever going to get off the ground with this, it has to be now.
I enjoy all types of music however, my favorites in order are old time country, blues, blue grass, and anything from the 50's through the 80's.
Iv'e tried the private instruction thing and other than the basics, never got any better. The instructor was fine with the situation as long as I paid in cash. I'd like to progress to the point where I can play a few songs from start to finish with out embarrassing myself.
A friend suggested this site so here goes.....
# 1
Carmine M
Carmine M
01/11/2013 8:50 pm
Welcome Magic051.
I had the same aim as yours when I joined the site and I have learnt more than that.
Regards
Carmine

Regards,

cm

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2013 10:20 pm
Hi Magic,

So glad you are with us!

Sounds like you might have an interest in some acoustic strumming songs you can learn to play.

Every new skill in this tutorial series (below) is backed up by teaching you a song to play. Most are old folk favorites. You might find a thing or two in there you could have good fun with.

Acoustic Strumming Step-by-Step, Level 1

Acoustic Strumming Step-by-Step, Level 2

Keep us posted - and have fun!

Best - Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.