Virtual amps

Lordus1
Lordus1
01/11/2013 1:43 pm
Anybody some usefull links for virtual amp downloads, the free stuff?? Or, any opinions on the subject? Found some, just checking if there might be cool ones out there I'm missing. Sure this is not the first thread on this subject, share some wisdom....!

Just getting into this sort of stuff now, bit old school...

Not always a freebie kind of man, if you own something like this thats really worth buying and rocks, let me know.
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/12/2013 4:55 am
Its not free, but I bought the Line 6 Guitar Port, and it was pretty good for what it was. I'm not a huge fan of "virtual" amps, or really plugging into the computer to play, but its a great way to get lots of variety in your sounds without breaking the bank. In the end though, a quality amp or processor is nicer just for the quick "plug & play" option. I find setting up the Guitar Port a bit of a pain sometimes, but that's just me.
# 2
Carmine M
Carmine M
01/12/2013 7:17 am
Amplitube has few amps and effects free. Very good piece of software.

Carmine

Regards,

cm

# 3
Lordus1
Lordus1
01/12/2013 11:43 am
Cool thanks. I've checked out the Amplitube and it does look good. I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of virtual amps as well, but its there why not explore! Just bought the Behringer V- Amp Pro guitar modeling processor!! This should keep me busy for a while. Never used it before but the reviews looks good. Will have it on Tuesday, can't wait!!!
Thanks for your replies.
# 4
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/13/2013 3:32 am
Originally Posted by: Lordus1Cool thanks. I've checked out the Amplitube and it does look good. I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of virtual amps as well, but its there why not explore! Just bought the Behringer V- Amp Pro guitar modeling processor!! This should keep me busy for a while. Never used it before but the reviews looks good. Will have it on Tuesday, can't wait!!!
Thanks for your replies.

I did a review of Amplitube here >

I really like it. Matter of fact, I was recording with it about 2 hours ago.
# 5
Lordus1
Lordus1
01/13/2013 10:30 am
Very comprehensive review on the product Jeff!! I take it you mastered every aspect of Amplitube since. Definitely a good choice and I am very tempted after reading more.
# 6
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/13/2013 12:47 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordus1Very comprehensive review on the product Jeff!! I take it you mastered every aspect of Amplitube since. Definitely a good choice and I am very tempted after reading more.

Well, the beauty, it doesn't take a long time to master. It's all about amp selecting and dialing in the tone.

Here's a little thing I recorded for a video. A minute long. Ignore the guitar ride up in the beginning...I never got that right and didn't have the time to re-record that section.

Key to any good guitar recording is that it almost never has one channel and one guitar. With that in mind, the ditty linked was several channels but otherwise a solid sound (I used IK for both the guitar tracks and bass).

When I practice, IK seems to fit the bill too. However, if you plan on playing with others and need portability, won't work. If you;re gonna sit in front of your computer. Cool.

So, check out everything. It is different stroke for folks. I'm just offering what I know from this product.

Good luck!
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.