View post (The Led Zeppelin Method to World Domination)

View thread

haghj500
haghj500
08/03/2013 4:38 pm
I just gave this a second read and enjoyed it more than the first time; I saw things on this read I kind of missed the first time. Must have been thinking about something else you said in a paragraph before. You packed Sooo much great information in here; it just can’t all be absorbed in one read.

I was born in1961 and I remember listening to AM stations and my older brothers friends coming over talking about FM and how will change everything and kill AM stations. But I continued to listen to the same 2 AM stations.

Then one year for Christmas my brother got a new 8trk player and some tapes of course. It must have been December 26, my brother pulls out his new 8trk player plugs in a tape of a band that was new to me. Then “Black Dog” started playing. Hey Hey momma like the way you move gona make you sweat gona make you grove, then the band came in behind that and played like I had never heard before.

I remember just standing there staring at that black box with that sound coming out of it. I didn’t move till the song was over. Then of course I wanted to hear it again, but you can’t rewind an 8trk so I had to sit through the rest of the tape to hear it again.

There was other great music on the tape, but nothing quite like that guy Yell/Singing by himself, then the band jumping in to ROCK IT. That was the day I meant Led Zeppelin. 45 odd years later I can still remember the moment of jaw dropping amazement as though it just happened.