View post (Who do you try to impress?)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
04/15/2002 4:49 pm
Originally posted by James
...But deep down I'm also a show-boat, and love public praise. I think we all do... I wouldn't believe anyone if they told me that they don't care what people think about their creations; it's just human nature to care.

But without a doubt you do have to have a love for what you're creating and be able to appreciate it when it's complete. Otherwise you're not an artist, you're a manufactuer simply creating products to sell.

It's impossible to agree more.
Off-course we love,I love it when people appreciate what I do.I'm not that good(unlike what lal seems to think),but it's a very good feeling when I do "Hotel California" and people go like,"Hey,I know that song........"Or when I do something they don't know,but it sounds good,and they say,"that sounds cool,the way its ....."
It's probably the best feeling(tho I'm yet to experience it,since I dont write stuff yet),when you make a song,and you find it really good,then play it for someone and they tell you they really like it,and you can see they appeciate.I think those are the two reasons why musicians do what they do:to create something their artistic prowess allows them to find wonderful,and others appeciating,even loving,what they think is good.