View post (distortion pickups?)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
04/12/2002 1:34 am
Seymour Duncan make good quality pickups, though I haven't heard those ones in particular. Choosing pickups is a funny thing, as they sound different on every guitar, so the only way to know how they will sound is to fork out money for them, which is a pity. Has anyone here tried them? I was hoping someone might reply who had, but I'll just say this: Duncan make good pickups, and they provide pretty good descriptions of their sounds at their website (though obviously they never say anything bad about them). A good place to check is http://www.harmony-central.com and see their user reviews. They have a good databse with many reviews of most things, so you should find some opinon. Just be aware that often you will find two types of people writing reviews; people who unresevedly say great things aobut the pickups without being particularly informed, and others who say "those sux" and leave it at that. Read the reviews that seem to be by people who have really thought about the different aspects of the pickups, etc. Good luck on finding some that suit you.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".