View post (Finger exercises from hell)

View thread

thesexyman
thesexyman
04/25/2001 3:15 am
I am sorry that I am not able to help you with the link for the Finger Exercises Form Hell, but I think that I might be able to help with your coordination.

I have been playing for 10 years and getting my coordination down between hands was challenging at first. I will give you the same advice that was given to me.

First, you need to start slowly. If you begin trying to fly about the fret-board, you'll not only get tired and sore, you will gain little accuracy and potentially damage your tendons and ligaments.

Second, you need to use your ears. Just because you can move your fingers quickly, doesn't mean that you will play that fast. You need to sound the notes correctly. A note that is incorrectly struck is one of the most unpleasant things to hear a guitar do.

Third, my personal advice to you is to work scales. I prefer Major scales. I usually do 3 octaves. It is real easy to tell when you are doing it right because, it should sound like the old Do, Re, Mi.

Wish I could help more, if you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask, thanks.