Hello from Haghj500

haghj500
haghj500
05/17/2012 5:34 am
Hello all,
Practicing and playing music goes back a long way for me. I started Piano at five (there was one in the house). I remember getting home from kindergarten and having to practice for an hour. So for me music was the first written language I learned to read. I still have the bust of Beethoven I got at my first rehearsal. I was about 8 when I dropped that. In 4th grade I started playing clarinet (there was one in the house) played that first chair till 8th grade.

All along Guitar and Drums was really where my heart was, but they were not in the house. So at 13, I got a cheap acoustic for Christmas. I learned chords put in the time. One day my older sister came by with her boyfriend he heard me trying to play and offered to teach me. For my 14th birthday I got a 67 Telecaster and small SUNN amp. After a year of lessons and Hours of practice I got lucky. My teacher decided he wanted to start another band and as I knew a lot of the same songs he did he asked me to be the rhythm guitarist.
By the time I was 15 and half I was playing in bars, schools, weddings and etc… I had fake ID saying I was 18 so I could play in bars. The band was doing well and I bought myself a Fender Twin Reverb and a Hagstrom Swede. At 18 it all fell apart,

Now I’m 51 been married over 31 years and have raised two kids. I have taught a few different people over the years. I have not learned many new songs over the years, but seeing all the great music and teaching stiles of a few people on here I had to join.

New music is back on the menu.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/17/2012 5:32 pm
Hey haghj500,

Thanks for joining up! Welcome from the GT staff!

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.