i want it all amp

Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
04/05/2012 10:03 am
im into severe variety which means i need something for blues metal classical rock which im new to getting amps currently i have a very small marshall amp given to me for my birthday by my brother but im looking to expand my tones and sound my price range is currently 1000 at max our there any good amps for variety in this budget
P.s i have a squier fender poeple say its just a mexican fender stratocaster is this true either way i love it :-)
Dont stop keep going-frank zappa Find what your good at and exaggerate it-steve vai
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
04/05/2012 4:05 pm
The Squire Stratocasters (depending on the model) aren't quite what people would call MIM (Made In Mexico) strats... They're good starter guitars and are very versatile though. There is a slight drop off in quality from american strats to MIM strats and to the squire strats. some squire strats are made of solid tone wood and some are made of a particle board. depending on the model you bought will depend on which you have. either way its a good guitar to start with.

as for amps - 1000 dollars can buy you a lot, but not necessarily buy you what you want. there is a big jump in amp technology and design from about 600 dollars and up. amps around the 200-500 range are usually your modeling amps. Vox Valvetronix, Line 6 Spyder, etc.. etc.. This would probably fit the bill the best for you at this point. They're very versatile and allow you to dial in different amp sounds rather than being stuck with one tone. once you play for a longer time you will start to have a better idea of what you want in tone and those more expensive amps will be more appealing... i'd say start with one of these modeling amps and then work your way up from there.

also, if 1000 dollars is your budget id say spring for a 500 dollar modeling amp and upgrade to an actual MIM strat. You will be able to tell the difference.
# 2
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
04/05/2012 10:23 pm
ok i was going to end up getting a new strat this november american model and ive played the 200$ line 6 spider iv and it was very versatile on most the guitairs in the store so the 500$ one should be sweet ill get a MIM strat then later in november ill buy a american then ill have stagg guitair looks like a js30ke itsept rounded and my jackson kelly 30 squier fender bullet MIM strat and American strat so with that nice amp i should be able to do all kinds of amazing tones and effects thanks o)
Dont stop keep going-frank zappa Find what your good at and exaggerate it-steve vai
# 3
haghj500
haghj500
04/06/2012 3:37 am
If you are looking at line6, check out the spider JAM before you buy. It has jam tracks already recorded, just choose which one you want. All jam track were record is studios with real people playing. Just spin the knob and have 200 different sound voicing waiting for you to try. Plus it has 12 amp presets ready to.

It is not a tube, but recreates the sound of a Marshal, Fender, Masa Bogie list just goes on. It also records. you can do one layer over another.

It runs about $400.00 and only weighs 50 pounds. 75 watts 12" speaker.

Record yourself playing a rythem, them record youself playing lead over your own song. Then if you have a mic, record yourself over that, then if you have a bass or piano, plug them in and record on top of everyting else. Heck you can have a friend plug in and record you both at the same time and still go back and record more,

I could go on...... just don't by a line6 with out checking the Jam out.

I own one, love it.
oh i forgot to say you can change the key or tempo of any jam track on the amp.
# 4
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
04/06/2012 8:08 am
Originally Posted by: haghj500If you are looking at line6, check out the spider JAM before you buy. It has jam tracks already recorded, just choose which one you want. All jam track were record is studios with real people playing. Just spin the knob and have 200 different sound voicing waiting for you to try. Plus it has 12 amp presets ready to.

It is not a tube, but recreates the sound of a Marshal, Fender, Masa Bogie list just goes on. It also records. you can do one layer over another.

It runs about $400.00 and only weighs 50 pounds. 75 watts 12" speaker.

Record yourself playing a rythem, them record youself playing lead over your own song. Then if you have a mic, record yourself over that, then if you have a bass or piano, plug them in and record on top of everyting else. Heck you can have a friend plug in and record you both at the same time and still go back and record more,

I could go on...... just don't by a line6 with out checking the Jam out.

I own one, love it.
oh i forgot to say you can change the key or tempo of any jam track on the amp.
ill definetaly check them both out recording lead and rhythm is pretty cool tho
# 5
brksmrk@att.net
brksmrk@att.net
05/23/2012 3:49 am
If you want something really versatile and a tube amp I would try a Genz Benz Black Pearl. Need a pedal to get metal but you could get used for a lot less than your budget.
# 6
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
05/30/2012 4:11 pm
I just started playing on a Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue about a month and a half ago, and it is by far my favorite amp I've ever played on. It's a little loud for a practice amp, but since I'm not using a built in overdrive, I think it sounds fine on around 2. It's incredibly versatile, and I got mine used for $680. So far between that and my Boss GT-6, there isn't a sound I've tried to get that I haven't been able to achieve.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.