View post (Wrist injury from guitar :()

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/22/2012 1:48 am
If you can, go see your doctor. For now, you need to stop playing completely. Never play through any kind of wrist or ligament pain. If your wrist hurts, even a little, stop. I don't know how old you are, but if you're 40 or older, you need to know that our bodies change as we age, and unfortunately this kind of thing can become a serious problem. You need to let it heal.

Playing through wrist pain is a good way to permanently end your guitar playing career.

You also need to get that "grinding" thing checked out. I once had something like that happen in my ankle, and the doctor thought it was a strain and said to wear an ankle brace for about 3 months. When that didn't solve the problem, they scanned my ankle and found that a tiny part of a bone had died and broken off. The same thing happened to a drummer friend of mine's wrist. So get it checked out. "Grinding" is not a normal function of your joints. Chances are, with a little time off, you'll be fine, but get it checked out if you can.